Youth Week 2021
16th til 24th April
In partnership with Northern Beaches Council, we are proud to be a part of YOUTH WEEK.
To launch the week, on Friday, 16th April we have an NBA 3on3 Basketball Competition @ Boondah Reserve from midday. There will be other activities onsite including a 2k21 XBOX gaming comp, 3 point shooting competition, Xpress Cafe skills workshop and much more!!
To get involved, you need to follow the following steps:
REGISTER YOUR TEAM – The first step is to register your team. The cost per team is $20 which is payable at the time of registration. Registration fees form part of the prize pool for winning and runner up teams in each division. Once registered, your team will appear on the list within 24 hours. Click here to register your team Click Here to Register YOUR TEAM
REGISTER YOUR PLAYERS – Once your team is registered and on the list, you can get your players registered. Maximum of 5 players per team. All players will be required to complete a waiver form and under 18 players will be required to complete the form with parental consent. This will be emailed to you after registration and needs to be completed prior to 11am on the game day. Click Here to Register PLAYERS
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE GAMES PLAYED?
All games are played indoors at the Warriewood Valley Sports Courts Boondah Rd, Warriewood
Below are the estimated times for each category:
- U14 Girls – 12pm onward
- U14 Boys – 12pm onward
- U16 Boys – 3pm onward
- U18 Boys – 3pm onward
- U16/U18 Girls – 3pm onward
- Open Men – 6pm – onward
- Open Women – 6pm – onward
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Team fees are $20 per team, and teams can have a maximum of five players.
Our age groups based on BNSW guidelines and all players must be under the age of their nominated grade as of December 31, 2021.
Team contact must ensure to enrol all players and payment to be made before the 2nd April 2021. Players must complete the player registration to be eligible to play. On the competition day, players must bring photo Identification (school identification cards excepted) to be able to play. If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis and nominations close on April 2nd, 2021
- 10-minute games
- The first team to 11 points wins. Once time has stopped and if no teams have reached 11 points team with the highest points wins.
- If the time has finished and teams end with a draw, the team who scored the first basket wins.
- 1 point each basket, 2 points for regular 3 pointers.
- Half-court, each possession or attempt at the basket, the opposing team will need to retrieve the ball past the 3-point line.
- In the act of a shooting foul player will get 1 free throw.
- Any other foul will lead to a check.
- Once the basket has been scored winner will check to reset the next play.