The Business Education Network Inc (BEN or “THE BEN”) is non-profit organisation based in the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
Our mission is to work with businesses, community organisations and schools to create a better future for young people.
We do this by assisting all young people in need, who are disadvantaged and/or experience difficulties and challenges which prevent them from successfully transitioning into adulthood by providing vocational skills, welfare promotion and harm prevention activities, with the purpose of relieving helplessness and adversity, to adolescents under the age of 25 years.
Some of the challenges faced by young people today include;
- Mental health including anxiety and depression
- Literacy and numeracy issues
- Physical illness such as eating disorders
- Recipients of bullying and harassment
- Young people facing homelessness who are currently couch surfing and in care or service referral
- Young people living in a family crisis situation
What is “THE BEN”?
BEN is dependent upon generous community contributions, corporate partnerships and sponsorship, fundraising activities and government funding to support the delivery of its core training, support and youth casework support work.
Examples of BEN supportive partnership and sponsorship programs include:
- Corporate Sponsored Technology Program (Microsoft & Intel Computers)
- Fitness Program (Guy Leech Ambassador)
- School Business Community Partnership Broker program (Australian Government)
- Work Placement Support Program (NSW Government)
- Links to Learning Program (NSW Government)
- Northern Beaches Careers Expo (Community Sponsorship)
We also have a few self-funded initiatives which include the Northern Beaches Careers Expo and our highly successful “Get Connected” booklet.
Improve your community today linking your business or time by creating beneficial partnerships with schools through our corporate social responsibility programs and partnership brokering service.