We are dedicated to creating opportunities for young people to engage in education. We are a not-for-profit organisation providing a range of high quality programs and services to young people across NSW.
Our work is focused on hard to reach students who are at risk of, or are already disengaged from school. Our programs provide skills and training for young people for a more inclusive, equitable life.
Canine Assisted Learning (CAL) builds resilience. It is effective in building healthy brains during a critical period of development for young people.
A partnership with The BEN contributes to the well being of the entire community by improving the lives of young people.
Please see a list of our current collaborations.
We are seeking partners for our CAL Program to invest in young people's mental health and increase their resilience to challenges that life throws their way.
Partnership would include:
- Acknowledgement in relation to the CAL program at events and training
- Logo or line credit on promotional material relating to the CAL program.
- Logo or line credit on signage relating to the CAL program.
- Logo or line credit on merchandise for the CAL program such as bandanas for dogs, leashes and dog collars; dog food, t-shirts for adult supervisors.
- Access to a network of partners/collaborators, including government and industry leaders.
- A partnership with The BEN promotes your business values, and enhances your corporate reputation as someone who cares about youth and community.
We are seeking strategic and ongoing financial contributions towards core operations and towards the development and/or ongoing costs of particular programs such as CAL.
We are also seeking in-kind support for services such as insurance, travel, technology, banking and printing, as well as access to business expertise, networks and distribution channels.
The cost of our CAL Program
- Each CAL program/session needs 3 adult supervisors/ attendees.
- The full program runs over 10 weeks and costs $150 per student.
- We also run a shorter version over 4 weeks.
The target group and objective for this program is young people who suffer high anxiety/mental health issues.
Accreditation is by Wags the dog.
What people say about The BEN
What people say about CAL
Success of CAL
We have already successfully run the CAL program in four schools in NSW. We also ran a further four programs on-site at our facility in Ingleside as part of our Links to Learning program.